This skills programme will enable you to build relationships with customers and interact with customers on a level where you are able to answer the majority of customer queries and resolve complaints effectively; while having a good understanding of the factors that impact on the bottom line of a wholesale and retail business.
This programme is made up of 3 unit standards on the NQF level 3 with a credit value of 28. This serves as a guideline as to how long it should take you to complete the training programme and assessment. You will spend approximately 280 notional hours on this programme - 70% of the time in a practical capacity, practicing and applying what you have learnt and 30% of the time in instructional learning.
Notional hours are the hours that you spend making sense of what you have learnt and finding practical applications for the gained skills and knowledge, so you will be busy learning, practicing, doing self-evaluation exercises and putting what you have learnt into practice in your work environment.
Each unit standard is made up of Specific Outcomes, each with its own Assessment Criteria and Learning outcomes (what you will need to be able to do on completion of learning).
You will need to be found competent on each of these in order to receive certification.
258156: Build customer relations in a W&R unit
- Explain customer behaviour
- Create positive customer perceptions
- Interact with customers
- Resolve customer complaints
243806: Deal with customers in a retail business
- Identify the standards for customer service
- Deal with customers in a professional manner
- Respond to customer complaints
258155: Explain the factors that impact on the bottom line of a W&R unit
- Explain the relationship between the bottom line of a business and the factors that will impact on it.
- Explain how net profit is arrived at in an operational unit
- Explain how own job can impact on the bottom line of a business